At 3:30 on the afternoon of February 25, 1908, a long line of invited dignitaries entered the 19th Street Station for the first official run through the Tubes. The H&M ran its first Tubes service through the uptown pair of tunnels (originally begun in 1874) between Hoboken and the temporary end of the line at 19th Street in Manhattan.

Although the Tubes are now called "PATH" and are operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, their basic structure remains as it was upon their opening almost a century ago.

There are approximately 166 Engineers at PATH represented by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen and this website has been created to inform and educate the members of Division 497.


Negotiations Updates and Misc. Info


The above pictures will open in a new window, close the window to return to this site.


Designed and Hosted  by Alternative Webs
Copyright 2006-2012 by BLET GCA Path
Local Division 497  
All rights reserved.
Revised: 14 Dec 2013 13:29:03 -0500.